Category Archives: Committee Meetings

Minutes of committee meetings.

Minutes for Committee Meeting 7 – 22/02/13

Murray Edwards College Boat Club
Minutes for Committee Meeting 7
22nd February 2013; 17.00; ME Bar

Present: Sally-Anne, Reana, Siena, Emma, Amy, Georgie, Henny, Ying.

  1. Apologies

Harri, Christina, Pauline

 

 

  1. Bumps: Bung starts, W3, Subs/Marshalls, Other

 

We are currently awaiting the results of the getting on race. If W3 get on, Reana will need to talk to Peterhouse about borrowing Greta for them to race in. All boats have their subs sorted for bumps.

 

We need to fill the spots for marshalling that we have been allocated otherwise we will be fined. If Reana doesn’t receive volunteers by the end of the week she will have to assign people to do it.

 

All three boats will have a short session to practice bung starts on Monday morning.

 

We decided that W3 and W4 outings will continue after bumps for the rest of term. W1 and W2 will continue normal training until WEHoRR.

 

Everyone racing in bumps should contribute some baking money to Reana to go towards the costs of her post-race baking.

 

 

  1. Lent Bumps Dinner

Amy is on top of organising the dinner. She is in the process of finalising dietary requirements, and still has to decide on a seating plan.

Unfortunately we cannot use the bar for pre-drinks as it has already been booked for an event. We will have to use the MCR instead. Reana will book this.

Following last year’s complaints from the catering staff, Amy will send out an email to make sure that everyone attending the dinner is aware that they are not able to penny, and that they should always be polite to the staff.

 

  1. WEHORR

We have been entered for the race and the draw is out. Everyone should bring their rowing licence card with them. Sal will send out an email to remind people about this.

 

The sleeping arrangements have been made. Sal will send out an email with all of the final details regarding important timings over the weekend and relevant travel details (including which tube station to arrive at for the alumnae dinner on the Friday night) this week.

 

 

  1. France Training Camp

 

There are currently 3 strokesiders, 8 bowsiders and 2 coxes signed up, so ideally more strokesiders are needed.

 

We discussed the option of bringing a second coach. It is likely that Alex will not be able to get a whole week off work, but Laura will email him to ask directly. If we did end up bringing a second coach, 90 euros would be added to the overall price to cover the cost of another launch.

 

It was decided that we should go for the cheaper price option which does not include lunch or dinner.

 

We will be flying with Ryan Air. Currently a return flight costs just under £100. Laura will send out the flight details in an email to all attending so that people can book their flights as soon as possible while they are still cheap.

 

 

  1. Elections

 

Emma is in the process of organising the elections for Sunday 10th March at 2pm.

 

 

  1. Constitution

Emma will re-write some aspects of the constitution before the general meeting on Sunday 10th March. This will include splitting the treasurer and secretary committee role if enough people stand for positions. Amy will re-write the section on blazers.

A general meeting will be held before the election hustings so that the amended constitution can be voted on. Emma will send out the updated constitution before the general meeting, after it has been checked through by Ying.

 

  1.  Alumnae Rowing

 

Henny has organised for a group of alumnae to do an outing in Owen on Saturday 23rd of February at 2pm. Henny and Reana will be bank partying. After the outing they plan to go to the Fort for a drink. Henny will email the members’ list to encourage anyone who can make it to go along to meet them.